If you’re a first home buyer and have been considering entering the Perth property market, there’s never been a better time than right now.

Whether you’re a first home buyer, investor or just looking to make your next purchase it’s important to understand the cyclical nature of the property market if you want a great deal.  Here in Perth we’re at what we’d call the “point of maximum opportunity” with median house prices sitting at $527,107 (domain.com.au September Quarter) – that’s half that of Sydney. It’s important to act fast during these periods because one thing we know for sure is that they don’t last forever!

property buying cycle

Located just 5 kilometres from the Perth CBD and housed within the vibrant community of Subiaco, Halcyon Apartments provides the perfect opportunity for first home buyers and investors alike to get their foot onto the Perth property ladder and enjoy the Western Suburbs lifestyle on offer in Subiaco.

With apartments starting at just $330,000 and a range of configurations offer, purchasing your first home or next home in Perth’s favourite liveable suburb has never been this accessible.

Before deciding to take the plunge and purchase that next Perth property make sure you’re up to speed with the amazing finance opportunities you can leverage as an investor or first home buyer to make your decision even less painless.

Accessing the First Home Owners Grant (FHOG)

If you’re entering the market for the first time, you’re going to want to make sure you take advantage of the First Home Owners Grant. This government concession offers $10,000 to any individual buying or building a new home – that’s a massive injection which will help secure your home loan!

The trick here is the grant is limited to individuals building or buying a new property. If you choose to purchase an existing property you automatically forego accessing the $10,000, is that really an opportunity you want to lose out on?

Yes, the grant is also open to people who opt to build and when you choose this route, $10,000 will go a long way but building can sometimes be a headache with significant risks. It can also be a difficult process having not lived in your own home prior articulating specifications and design components. For more information on the FHOG visit here.

Remember that your first home doesn’t necessarily have to be your forever home. Purchasing an off-the-plan apartment qualifies as a new home. As they generally come in at a lower price point than established houses in the same area this is a great option to maximise your available finances and still enjoy life in a suburb your heart is set on, rather than having to settle for somewhere else.

Take Advantage of Some Amazing Developer Incentives

To make your first home purchase or that next investment even more effortless, the developers at Halcyon, Celtic Properties have decided to bridge the gap on your stamp duty expenses.

The State Government recently introduced their own incentive complimenting the FHOG offering a 75% stamp duty rebate of up to $50,000 for pre-construction off-the-plan purchases. Celtic Properties have decided to completely take this expense off your hands by covering the remaining 25% so your brand new, boutique apartment purchase is 100% Stamp Duty FREE! *See terms & conditions.

You don’t want to miss out on this amazing offer which could potentially save you thousands of dollars on your first home purchase.

If you’re an investor, Celtic Properties are also removing the stress of having to find a tenant by offering a guaranteed rental return for 2 years meaning you’re in a better cash-flow position. *See terms & conditions.

Coupled with the 75% stamp duty rebate alongside a further 75% rebate on the foreign property tax you stand to make significant savings.

To take advantage of these exclusive offers for Halcyon buyers you’re going to have be quick, they’re only available for a limited time. *See terms & conditions.

Stop thinking what if and make your first home purchase at the right time in the right location at Halcyon Apartments now.

If you need assistance with your first home purchase or you’re wanting to take advantage of this sensational suite of financial incentives then get in touch with our project management team or give us a call today on 0435 407 837.